ISO/IEC 27701 Privacy Information Management System Certification
Why is ISO/IEC 27701 important for your organization?
ISO/IEC 27701 Privacy Information Management System specifies the requirements and guidance on how to enhance the ISO/IEC 27001 on processing the Personally Identifiable Information. The information within the organization is increasing and the regulation is changing in favor of protecting personal information. As result, it has become e necessity for the adjustment of the Information Security Management System. ISO has seen it as a milestone to develop the ISO/IEC 27701 and to further support the ISO/IEC 27001 management system.
The implementation of PIMS is important when you process and maintain personal information. You need to comply with all the requirements that derive from local and international regulatory, known authorities, and those that come from any interaction with any third parties.
This standard is becoming every day more essential for any organization. It provides the requirements of how to manage, maintain, and process data and ensure the privacy level. Processing the information with the ISO/IEC 27701 PIMS will follow the guidance to maintain consistency and ensures continual improvement.
The benefits of implementing PIMS consist on multiple perspectives, such as stakeholders, customers, employees and other interested parties. Below are listed the most relevant benefits:
- Increase the customer trust for the organization
- Increases the transparency of the organization in its internal processes and procedures
- An organization which has implemented the ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS will be able to easier extend their certification scheme and adopt the ISO/IEC 27701 Private Information Management System (PIMS).
- Ensures the consistency of continually improving the processing of Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
- Increases and protects the reputation of the organization in its relation with external parties
- Ensures and maintains the integrity of the PII of all the interested parties
- Ensures the team is acquainted with the process of managing, using, and maintaining the privacy of the information, which increases the professionalism within the organization
Bay Mountain Security is a certified ISO Managed Systems Auditor of ISO/IEC 27001, 27701, and 22301 management systems.
If you want to discuss your needs further or request a quote, feel free to contact us